In Cycle 3 you can eat breads again. If you’ve been craving a sandwich for the past 34 days, this Turkey and Havarti Panini is just the ticket. It’s gooey, filling, and makes a fantastic lunch!
1 slice whole grain bread
1 slice low fat Havarti cheese
2 slices of lean turkey slices
- Lightly spread margarine on 1 side of the bread, then turn over (butter-side down)
- Place 2 slices of the turkey and 1 slice of cheese on half the bread.
- Sprinkle basil and oregano over the cheese.
- Fold bread in half and put in panini press
Bread can be about 120 calories per slice, you can find light havarti for 90 cal per slice, and oven roasted turkey for about 60 calories. A sandwich using 1 slice of bread is about 275-300 calories.
- Try different low cal cheeses (like mozzarella or Parmesan)
- Experiment with different spices
- Add crab or lobster chunks in the sandwich (it’ll add calories, but it’ll make it more “gourmet”
- If you don’t have a panini press, place the sandwich open-faced in the over to toast it