You can eat Chicken on any of the four 17 Day Diet cycles. Here is a great one that we love and it super easy to make (plus it’s great for leftovers too)!
Chicken breasts (1 per person)
Low fat or light grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle a generous layer of Parmesan cheese on a plate
- Place chicken on the Parmesan to coat all sides
- Place chicken in a lightly greased Pyrex dish
- Bake at 375-400 F for about 15-20 minutes (or until cooked through)
- Serve warm!!
About 125-175 calories per breast (depending on the size of the breast and what Parmesan cheese you use).
- Add spices to the Parmesan cheese mixture (I like garlic and “earthy” spices like oregano, basil, rosemary, and thyme)
- After the chicken is cooked, add a few tablespoons of low cal tomato sauce on top of each one and cook for another 5 minutes. (This gives the chicken a whole new dimension of taste)
- In cycle 2/3 when you can have low fat cheese, slice the chicken in half and put a thin slide of cheese between the layers.
Note: Many other recipes say to dip the chicken in an egg or egg white mixture before putting it in the cheese. If you have dry chicken breasts you might want to add that. I always use juicy ones so I don’t need the extra calories from the egg mixture.Filed under 17 Day Diet | Comments (0)