Yes! I said Lemon Meringue Pie. After a week on the diet we were craving a dessert and found this one on a 17 Day Diet Forum. It’s simple, quick and really low in calories! This is my absolute favourite dessert recipe to date!
½ – 1 cup Greek, Plain, or Vanilla yogourt
2 Zero Calorie sugar packets
2-3 Egg Whites
- Put yogourt in an oven save bowl.
- Add 1 packet of sugar and a few squeezes of lemon juice. Mix. Put in fridge or freezer while preparing the meringue (so it doesn’t get too watery)
- Add 2-3 egg whites, 1 packet of sugar, and splash of vanilla to a bowl.
- Whip until meringue.
- Add meringue to top of yogourt mixture.
- Put bowls in over under broiler until just browned (a Crème Brule torch works too).
- Serve right away
Egg whites (about 35 cal per egg)
Yogourt (varies between 80-150 cal per cup depending on yogourt)
- Instead of Greek yogourt, try a flavoured one
- Instead of lemon, try another natural or bottled flavouring like coconut or strawberry
- For fun, add a few drops of food colouring or flavouring to the egg whites (it’s just fun!)