On September 1 I started the 365 Project. This is where you take a self portrait of yourself, everyday for a year (hence the name “Project 365″).
So each day I will take a self-portrait. Sometimes it will be a headshot, maybe a picture of my pinkie finger, my elbow, or a picture of me on vacation.
Project 365 Rules
There are many ways this project can be done, with differing rules. Here are the rules I am going by:
- I must take one self-portrait every day from Sept 1, 2009 – Sept 1, 2010
- I must take the photo myself (handing the camera to someone else is not allowed)
- I am allowed to set a camera timer, or use my camera remote to take the shot.
- The photo must contain at least some part of my body (don’t worry, it’ll all be G-rated)
- Along with each shot, I am allowed one caption of 100 characters or less
- I don’t have to upload everyday (I can upload them in batches if I don’t have the time to upload each day).
- To keep things interesting, photoshopping photos will be allowed.
Project 365 Goals
My goal is to have fun. It’ll be a challenge to see if I can do it every day for an entire year, but it sounds like a lot of fun.
I read a tweet last week about someone who printed a book with all their 365 photos, and I want to do the same. I have used a company called VioVio to print photobooks before and I’m impressed by the quality and price.
It’s going to be an exciting year! Is anyone else planning to, or are currently doing their own 365 project?
(Please note that I will not be sharing my 365 Project album publicly. If you are a friend or family member and would like to follow along with this adventure, please email me and I will tell you how to access it).Filed under Photography | Comment (1)