If you don’t already know, I absolutely LOVE to travel. I’ve been to 19 countries on 4 continents, most of which has been in the last 3 years. Here are my top 5 tips that the travel sites don’t always tell you!
- Bags, Bags, Bags: Pack extra plastic bags and ziplock bags. They are great for wet clothes, dirty shoes, and anything you are too lazy to actually pack away. Throw in a few cloth shopping bags just in case you buy too many souvenirs.
- Twist-Ties: These can be used to tie up plastic bags or even “lock” your zippers on your luggage so they don’t accidently come un-zipped all over the airport baggage room!
- Print EVERYTHING: Print out copies of all your reservations. It’s not uncommon for airlines or hotels to lose your reservation, so have a back-up. I keep mine in a duo tang folder in the order that I’ll need it.
- Bring Blank DVDs: Thankfully I’ve never lost my camera or my pictures from a trip, but I know people who have. Bring a few blank DVDs and stop somewhere to burn a copy of your photos on the disk. For added security, you could mail the DVD home.
- Wear a watch: Now-a-days many people are using their cell phones as their watch. But, on vacation many of us have them turned off, or even leave them at home. Be sure to bring a good o’ fashioned watch so you don’t miss anything on your trip!
Bonus tip for fair-skinned people: BRING SUNSCREEN! As a fair-skinned gal, I always manage to get sunburned on my vacations. Once I burned my legs so bad in Australia, that it was painful to even walk or stand. You can’t predict the weather, but at least you can prepare for it by bringing a bottle of sunscreen.
My last vacation was a 7-day cruise to Alaska (round trip from Vancouver). My next vacation is a 4-week road trip around Western US
Where was your last vacation and where you are planning next?Filed under Lists, Travel | Comment (1)