We rely on the internet for so much. We check our email, read the news, research companies and organizations, order food, look for apartments, and just simply browse. Companies that don’t tap into this online marketplace may be missing out on a huge market.
Every company should have website. Whether it’s just one page with some basic information and contact details, or a multi-page site with more detail about your business, a website will you help reach an audience of over 1 billion people from all over the world. This audience has enormous buying power and you can be closer to them with your online presence.
Starting your Website
Once you’ve made the decision to launch your own website, the fun begins. Before you hire a team, think about what you want for your site (size, content, colour schemes…etc).
With a rough idea of what you want, start talking to web design teams. If you find a good team they will probably ask you questions like:
- What goal do you want to achieve with your website?
- How many pages do you need?
- How much content do you already have written and how much needs to be created from scratch?
- Do you already have a domain name and web hosting provider?
- What is your budget for launching and maintaining the site?
Have answers to these questions ready when you first meet your team, and you’ll be well on your way!
Tomorrow I will share a few website budgeting tips…Filed under Web Tips, Work Stuff | Comments (0)